Lots of things can lead to a breakdown. It’s hard to pin it on any one of them. But here are some that lay behind mine.
I’m going to try to post more details about each of these factors, which you will be able to investigate by clicking on the following:
- What kind of personality type has a breakdown? Surely not me!
- Why do we put so much store behind our work?
- What makes fatherhood so tricky – or indeed parenting generally?
- What to do with grief, and bereavement?
- How poor self-worth affects income, and may lead to debt
- Why it’s so natural to remain in denial
- The peculiar difficulty (especially for men?) of seeking help
- The great joy of being looked after